How can I get a library card?
You may obtain a library card by applying in person at the Jane Morgan Memorial Library. You will need to show proof of residency to receive your library card. A valid drivers license or envelope with your current address is sufficient. Children under the age of 16 require the signature of a parent or guardian. Anyone who has completed the 1st grade level is eligible. You may print out this library card application (PDF), fill it out and bring it to the library; however, please wait to sign the application until you are at the library with a staff member.
If I don't live in Cambria, can I still borrow items?
Yes, if you are a resident of a county in the South Central Library System (Columbia, Dane, Green, Sauk, Adams, Wood, and Portage counties) and do not have a library card from your local library, you can apply for a card at the Jane Morgan Memorial Library. If you have a card from another library in the South Central Library System, you can use that card at any of the South Central Library locations
No, your library card is free, however, there is a $1.00 fee for card replacement if lost or damaged.
Borrowing & Returning Materials
How long can I check items out?
The loan period for the Jane Morgan Memorial Library are as follows:
28 DAYS: Books, books on cassette, books on CD, Leap Frog Tag books, big books, book and toy bag
14 DAYS: Magazines, math games, Leapster games
7 DAYS: CDs, DVDs
How can I renew library materials?
Most items can be renewed for an additional loan period providing there are no holds on the item. You may ask the Library to renew items at the circulation desk or over the phone at (920) 348-4030 or call Harriet at (608) 242-4700.
You may also renew items yourself, using LINKCat. You must have your library card and your PIN. If you don’t know your 4-digit PIN, call or stop by the circulation desk and a staff member will reset it for you.
- Go to the LINKCat catalog (www.linkcat.info)
- Click on Log in to your Account in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter your barcode (the long number on the back of your library card) and Password (PIN) and click Login.
- From the Checked Out tab, find the item(s) you want to renew.
- If a renewal is possible, you will see the word Renew in the column next to the due date. Click Renew.
- The renewed item will be listed at the bottom of the screen along with the new due date.
Is there a limit to how many materials I can check out?
No, there are no limits on the number of items a patron can check out.
Is there a fine for overdue materials?
No! As of June 2022, JMML is completely fine free.
Where do I return materials after the library is closed?
We have a 24 hour bookdrop in front of the library and also in the entryway of the bank in Friesland where you may return library materials. Materials returned in the bookdrop before the library opens in the morning are considered returned the previous business day.
No, you may return items to any library in the South Central Library System.
Can I borrow materials that are not available at the Jane Morgan Memorial Library?
Yes, patrons may request materials found at other South Central Library System Libraries through LINKcat, also referred to as Interlibrary Loan. ILL service is available at no charge. There are no limits on the number of materials patrons can request. ILL requests can be placed in person, by calling the Jane Morgan Memorial Library or online through LINKcat, the online catalog.
Place a Hold
Patrons may place holds on items through LINKCat, the online catalog. There is no fee for placing a hold. Patrons are notified by phone, text, email or mail when hold items have arrived.
How to place a hold
To place a hold on a book, you must have your library card and your password. If you don't remember your password, please call or stop by the circulation desk and the staff will reset it for you. Then:
- To begin, search for an item in the LINKCat catalog
- Find the material you are interested in by searching the Author, Title, or Keyword field
- Select the desired item from the results list by clicking on a title to view its record or by checking the box(es) in front of the title(s).
- Click on the Place a Hold link.
- Log into your account, the login is your library barcode number and the password is your PIN. Change pickup location from confirmation screen, if needed.
- Click on Place Hold to confirm your request.
- The selected title will appear on your holds list.
- You will be notified by phone, text or e-mail when your material arrives.
Computer and Printer Use
The Jane Morgan Memorial Library has computers available for public use. No requirements for computer use except that patrons must be 13 or older to use the Internet unless a parent is present.
The following rules apply for using the computers:
- No Downloading.
- You must be 8 years or older.
- No Chat rooms or instant messaging.
- 25¢ per printed page.
- E-mail is ok to use.
- Please don't go to inappropriate sites
- Do not use your own disk in the computer.
Other Available Services
All forms are provided in PDF format.
If you have any questions about this page or have noticed any errors please contact us at: (920) 348-4030.
We would be happy to help!