Catalog & Resources
- LINKcat -use this link to access the SCLS collection. You can use your library card to log in and see your account, order books through delivery, and renew books. Call the library if you need help logging in.
Wireless printing at the library!
Send us a document from anywhere, and we can print it for you!
Upload your document to this link: https://tbs.eprintit.com/portal/#/ppl/upload/JMML
or email it to:
- B&W Submission Email: tbs-JMMLfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Color Submission Email: tbs-JMMLemail@example.com
Come to the library and let the librarian know that you sent something. We will release it to the printer for you.
Cost is $.25 a page
- NoveList Plus features author and book information about contemporary writers for fiction and non-fiction and much more.
- Literature Resource Center also has as author information.
- LitFinder1 full text of many shorter literary works
- TeachingBooks.net1 Multimedia resources for exploring children's and young adult books and their authors.
- www.Bookreporter.com book news and reviews, author interviews and more
- www.Readinggroupguides.com book club guides
- www.Readinggroupchoices.com book club guides
- www.bookpage.com book news and reviews, author interviews and more
- http://www.bookspot.com/ Book news, lists, reviews, awards, and author information.
- http://www.booktv.org a companion to C-Span 2'S weekend programming which features non-fiction books and their authors. Advance information on programming is offered, as is background information on authors and links to bestseller lists from around the country.
- Morton Grove Websites for Booklovers
- New York Review of Books. Online version of the weekly magazine Articles, classifieds, and an archive of past issues
- County Business Patterns, Wisconsin Track county trends in Wisconsin.
- UW Small Business Development Center Information about resources, classes, and the free Small Business Access Line.
- Hoovers' Online Short, informative profiles of major U.S. businesses and major industries. Fee-based services are usually clearly marked.
- Securities and Exchange Commission and FreeEDGAR Find financial reports on public companies.
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers Search the Thomas Register online by company name, brand name, product, or service. You'll get a brief profile for free.
- KnowThis Annotated guide to marketing resources.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office For patent and trademark searches. Easy to use. Requires fees for full-text patent delivery.
- U.S. Business Advisor One-stop shopping for federal government information and advice relating to business operation.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Useful, official advice and resources for starting, financing, and managing a small business. The start-up kit and the business plan outline are especially useful.
Looking for charities, foundations, and grants:
- Associations on the Net Direct links to organizations of many types from the Internet Public Library.
- BBB (Better Business Bureau) Wise Giving Alliance The reports are detailed and provide financial information, history, and other information on charities and their work.
- Charity Navigator Analysis and ratings of charities and non-profit organizations. Includes a list of "Top Ten" and "4 Star" charities.
- Foundation Center Includes hundreds of direct links to private, corporate, and public foundations, as well as information about foundations and grant seeking.
non-profit guides "Grant writing tools for non-profit professionals."
- Search for Charities Publication 78, Cumulative List of Organizations described in Section 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, is a list of organizations eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
- LearningExpress Library: Practice tests and tutorial course series for students and adult learners.
- Apply for Wisconsin Unemployment Benefits-- How to apply for unemployment
- careerbuilder.com one of the largest, most popular sites for job searches
- careeroverview.com/job-search.html Career and job search resources
- collegegrad.com Entry level jobs for the newly graduated
- Indeed.com Find millions of jobs from thousands of company web sites, job boards and newspapers. one search. all jobs.
- Job Center of Wisconsin -- A joint effort of the Dept. of Workforce Development and the Wisconsin Job Center system
- wisconsinjobing.com – job search site focused on the local market
- wisconsinjobnetwork – search for jobs in Wisconsin
- Linkup.com search for hidden jobs
- monster.com one of the largest, most popular sites for job searches
- Occupational Outlook, 2008-2009 - Provides the same information as is in the print guide, searchable by keyword. For similar information in the state of Wisconsin, see Wisconsin Employment
- WiscJobs (State of Wisconsin Employment Source)
- Wisconsin's Worknet: Information to Grow Wisconsin's Workforce
- howtowritearesume.net Complete with tips, templates and power words
- resumizer.com A free site using their templates to create your resume.
- You can also use resume wizard in Microsoft Word. Just ask for help to get started from the Information Desk.
See our teen college bound page
- Ancestry Library (Available in-library only.) Genealogy information, including census data, passenger lists, and more.
- Family Search Beta Search FamilySearch records, resources, and services to learn more about your family history.
- HeritageQuest1 Genealogy records and books, including census data, local histories, tax rolls, cemetery lists, etc.
- NewspaperARCHIVE1 Searchable newspaper pages, dating as far back as the 1700s.
Census phone numbers
Telephone Questionnaire Assistance Center: 866-872-6868 (between 8am and 9pm)
For Hearing-Impaired TTY device: 866-783-2010
Spanish-speaking operator: 866-928-2010
Wisconsin State Law Library Don't know where to start? Loaded with information
Forms (from the Wisconsin State Law Library) Law forms for Wisconsin
Foreclosure (from the Wisconsin State Law Library)
League of Women Voters Voting Information, Candidate Answers and more
Who are my state legislators? WI government elected officials
Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Drivers Manual This manual is a simpler version of the full manual. Good for most quick reference uses
- Motorist Manual The expanded version of the drivers manual. This manual goes into much more depth that the previous one
- CDL Manual This is the handbook for all Commercial Drivers License users
- Motorcyclists Manual The handbook for all motorcyclists
For eBook versions of the above manuals, versions in other languages, or other forms/publications please go to wisconsindot.gov
Want to test your knowledge of the road? At driving-tests.org there are dozens of of quizzes to help get you prepared for the official driving test, or just to hone your skills!
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- About.com Immigration Guide
- Immigration Law Center
- Rapid Immigration
- Mayo Clinic Easy to understand information on Diseases/ Conditions, Symptoms, Drugs/ Supplements, Tests/Procedures, Healthy Living and First Aid.
- Medicare Official government site for people with Medicare.
- Medline Plus Authoritative information from NLM, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other government agencies and health-related organizations. Medical journal Articles, dictionary, extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials, and latest health news.
Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary Online dictionary of medical terms.
- National Center for complementary and Alternative medicine(NCCAM) Federal Government's lead agency for scientific research on the diverse medical and health care systems, practices, and products that are not generally considered part of conventional medicine. Research-based information on treatments and conditions. A-Z index of Health topics.
- PDR Health Physician's Desktop Reference Online. Consumer-friendly explanations of disease states and conditions as well as the safe and effective use of prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as herbal medicines.Also includes information on Clinical Trials, Surgery, and Interactive Tools.
- Petplace.com pet care information and pet health information with over 5000 veterinarian approved articles
- Pubmed PubMed lets you search millions of journal citations and abstracts in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and preclinical sciences. Itincludes access to MEDLINE® and to citations for selected articles in life science journals not included in MEDLINE.
- WebMD Consumer friendly, WebMD offers credible and in-depth medical news, features, reference material, and online community programs.
- American Dietetic Association
- www.healthfinder.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- http://www.healthydiningfinder.com healthier choices and nutrition information from restaurants nationwide
- www.nutrition.gov (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- Access America for Seniors A government-wide initiative to deliver electronic services from government agencies and organizations to seniors. Visitors can utilize a number of services, including comparing Medicare health plan options, comparing nursing homes throughout the U.S., and receiving estimates of social security benefits.
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) Features information for retirees on numerous topics including health, housing, travel, insurance and consumer issues.
- BenefitsCheckUp A service of the National Council on the Aging, BenefitsCheckUp offers a free online service to help older Americans identify which federal and state assistance programs they may be eligible for. Seniors or caregivers fill out a Web form,entering information such as income, age and zip code. BenefitsCheckUp is completely confidential, and does not require a name, address, phone number or social security number.
- Medicare (Official U.S. Government Medicare site)
- National Senior Citizens Law Center Offers information, news, and legal help, particularly to older persons of limited income.
- National Institute on Aging
- Wisconsin Home Health Care Agencies
- civicventures.org get involved in your community
- CNN/Money Magazine Retirement calculators and plans and articles
- eons.com A popular social networking site for baby boomers
- PBS Frontline: Can you afford to retire? includes an online video, articles on stories and interviews
- Roadscholar Home Page formerly Elderhostel. Includes an online catalog of their educational adventure programs for retirement age individuals.
- Smart Money Investing, strategies, articles
- Thirdage.com a website providing information on topics: Health & Wellness, Family & Friends, Relationships & Sex, Money & Work, Beauty & Style and Travel & Pastimes.
- Wall Street Journal articles on retirement planning
- Wisconsin Association of Homes and Services for the AgingOffers links to not-for-profit corporations principally serving the elderly and disabled.
1 Access to this resource is provided as part of the BadgerLink project. If you cannot access these resources using a library card from an SCLS library, you may be able to access them through the BadgerLink website.
Online resources are supported by funding from South Central Library System, its member libraries, and LSTA grants made available through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
If you have any questions about this page or have noticed any errors please contact us at: (920) 348-4030.
We would be happy to help!